At the start of a fresh new year I am always excited for the opportunity to renew my mind, reset my clock to God’s rhythm, and dream BIG dreams! Because a lot of the motivation for resolutions come from books I’ve read, it’s become a tradition for me to share the books I’ve read over the previous year at the start of every new year! I hope that maybe one or two of these books can join your bookshelf in 2018 and add to the joy you will have this year!
Why are books so important to me? Books are a sort of friend for me. They tell the stories and victories of people in hardships and struggles, they advise and encourage me to live a life for Christ, they remind me I am not alone in my hardships or waiting, they entertain me in fictional dreamlands, and they motivate me to become a healthier person in mind, body, and soul. The number of books may vary from year to year but my love for the written word sure doesn’t!
As always, I never critique my books aloud as I want to give each reader a clean slate, but if you have questions about any of the books below, feel free to ask me!
Happy New Year and Happy Reading!
- Proof of Heaven by Eben Alexander, M.D.
- Uninvited by Lysa TerKeurst
- Through the Eyes of a Lion by Levi Lusko
- Anastasia Krupnik by Lois Lowry
- Zip It- The Keep It Shut 40-Day Challenge by Karen Ehman
- Seasons of Waiting by Betsy Childs Howard
- The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
- It’s Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han
- We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han
- Swipe Right by Levi Lusko
- Reshaping It All by Candace Cameron Bure
- Paper Hearts by Ali Novak
- Brain on Fire – My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- Nothing to Prove by Jennie Allen
- Single, Dating, Engaged, Married: Navigating Life and Love in the Modern Age by Ben Stuart
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
- The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans
- Jesus Always by Sarah Young
Please note recently updated disclosure information added to this site as of January 1, 2018.