Over 2016, I was able to read some really great books! I didn’t manage to read as much as the previous year, but it was successful nonetheless!
I dabbled into fitness and health books this year (even read a book written by a Kardashian and was overall really impressed with how encouraging it was), read books written by individuals with disabilities (ex: Look Me in the Eye), jumped into some romance / mystery this Fall (ex: Seaside Letters), encouraged my heart with some inspirational pieces (ex: The Secret of Happiness), and continued my love of daily devotionals (ex: Alone with God)!
Something really cool that happened this summer was attending a weekend hosted by one of my fav authors, Annie Downs. She took us readers on a tour of her favorite spots in Nashville that were included in her book, Looking for Lovely!
I really can’t name a favorite book from 2016 since they were all special in their own unique way. I also read parts of books I had read previously (ex: Bird by Bird) and I did allow myself to stop reading a book after beginning it if I wasn’t feeling it (I think life is too short to waste on a bad read) but those books have not been included in the list below 😉
If you have any questions about the books below, feel free to comment and I’d be glad to answer any questions!
Happy New Year and Happy Reading!
- The Freedom of Self-Forgetfulness by Timothy Keller
- Strong Looks Better Naked by Khloe Kardashian
- Eat the Cookie…Buy the Shoes by Joyce Meyer
- The Siren by Kiera Cass
- If at Birth You Don’t Succeed by Zach Anner
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Looking for Lovely by Annie Downs
- Pretty Happy by Kate Hudson
- Look Me in the Eye by John Elder Robison
- Wild and Free by Jess Connolly & Hayley Morgan
- Promises for Your Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer
- Why Pray? – 40 Days – From Words to Relationship by John F. DeVries
- The Power of Being Positive by Joyce Meyer
- The Artisan Soul by Erwin Raphael McManus
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Madson
- The Crown by Kiera Cass
- Seaside Letters by Denise Hunter
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The Secret of Happiness by Billy Graham
- Alone with God by Michael Warden
- Starting Your Day Right by Joyce Meyer