Reading has become one of my favorite things to do. Over 2015, I had a goal to read 25 books. The year before I read about 24 so I knew it was “doable.” Well, I ended up reading…(drumroll)…29!
Being a writer, reading is not only a fun hobby but it also fuels some of my own ideas and writing voice. Since I love a great recommendation, I wanted to give you a listing of the books I read over 2015.
I was assigned to read some of the books for conferences I attended or the book club I was a part of. Others are parts of a series. One was even a book I read as a child! Let me tell you, you can get a whole new perspective on what the author was getting to in children’s books when you read them as an adult. Haha!
I’m not sure if I’ll make a reading “goal” for 2016. I may just read with no expectations and see where I end up!
Please enjoy this list and let it inspire you to read more:
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
- Scary Close – Donald Miller
- The Selection – Kiera Cass
- The Elite – Kiera Cass
- The Selection Stories – Kiera Cass
- The One – Kiera Cass
- The Heir – Kiera Cass
- Wonderstruck – Margaret Feinberg
- Jesus is Better Than You Imagined – Jonathan Merritt
- Fight Back with Joy – Margaret Feinberg
- Scouting the Divine – Margaret Feinberg
- Paper Towns – John Green
- Unstoppable – Christine Caine
- Just One Day – Gayle Forman
- Just One Year – Gayle Forman
- Just One Night – Gayle Forman
- Bird by Bird – Anne Lamott
- Attachments – Rainbow Rowell
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling
- The New Rules For Love, Sex, and Dating – Andy Stanley
- The Power of a Whisper – Bill Hybels
- Trapped – Irene Hannon
- The War of Art – Steven Pressfield
- Grace for the Good Girl – Emily Freeman
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han
- P.S. I Still Love You – Jenny Han
- For the Love – Jen Hatmaker
- The Dollhouse Murders – Betty Ren Wright
- The Heartbreakers – Ali Novak
If 29 books aren’t enough for you, click the pic below for the books I read in 2014!