I love birthdays and encouraging others. Since I’m turning 32 this week, I have come up with 32 bits of wisdom I’ve picked up along the way! Some are more geared towards the female / singles population…cause I’m female and single…but I know everyone can get a little something out of them! 😉
I hope this will encourage you to live and love the life and blessings God has just for you!
32 bits of wisdom:
1) Don’t forget your unique position and perspective in this world!
2) Get out of debt as soon as you can. Money can hold us back from dreams becoming reality. Don’t let that rule over you.
3) Don’t be jealous. It’s not attractive. And it’s also a sin.
4) Enjoy your little luxuries- time, quiet, financial freedom, and intimate relationship with the Lord.
5) Let the organizer in you and the adventurous side of you: coexist.
6) Stand up for yourself when you need to. People may be shocked or think you’re being rude. No. You’re just being a person.
7) Do other people admire your life? Give them a reason to.
8) If you don’t want to do the online dating thing… it’s really ok.
9) Say I’m sorry. The other person may not respond the same. But that’s on them.
10) Be kind to your body. Work out.
11) Be kind to your mind. Read. Learn. Converse with people!
12) If you have something in your closet you’ve been saving for “one day,” give it to someone that can use it today.
13) Let people leave your acquaintance if they need to. It happens. It’s ok.
14) Interview yourself. You are probably more interesting than you think!
15) Try to forget the bad stuff more often.
16) Sometimes people won’t like it if you’re enjoying a life they thought they weren’t supposed to want.
17) Write your thoughts down.
18) Get your oil changed twice a year.
19) Go to the movies alone. It’s dark. No one cares.
20) Don’t always depend on someone else to do something fun. Just go!
21) Keep up with your deep friendships. This group will look small and that may actually be for the better.
22) Spend time with your extended family. Love on them!
23) Be ok with not having plans.
24) Click “like” more often.
25) Work only the hours you really have to. Create margin.
26) Say “no” more. Or “no thanks” if you’re being polite!
27) Eat and enjoy!
28) Take naps and don’t be surprised if you feel disoriented afterward.
29) Every picture you see on social media is placed there. On purpose.
30) My grass is getting greener everyday.
31) Pray with thanksgiving! Don’t ask God for something all the time.
32) Smile more often and laugh at yourself!